Shaun R. Young, D.D.S.
A Tampa native, Dr. Shaun Young was born and raised in Brandon, Florida. He completed his undergraduate studies at the University of Florida in Gainesville. There, he was a student-athlete and played on the Men’s Tennis Team. He then attended the University of Florida College of Dentistry and earned his Doctor of Dental Medicine Degree while also serving as the Dental school class president. During this time, he met his wife, Dr. Valentina Espinosa.
Dr. Young completed his Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Residency at Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia, where he also served as the Administrative Chief Resident. His exceptional surgical training and exposure to multiple community hospitals serving diverse populations have afforded him invaluable experience and knowledge in all aspects of oral and maxillofacial surgery.
Dr. Young’s surgical expertise includes dentoalveolar surgery, implants and bone grafting, orthognathic surgery, maxillofacial trauma and reconstruction, oral pathology, and temporomandibular joint surgery.
Dr. Young has a strong passion for helping others. With his meticulous surgical planning and execution, he constantly strives to make a positive and lasting impact on his patients.
Dr. Young is committed to always doing what’s best for his patients.
He is also a consultant with privileges for Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point, Morton Plant Northbay Hospital, Mease Countryside Hospital and Mease Dunedin Hospital.
- The American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- The Florida Dental Association
- West Pasco, Upper Pinellas, and Hillsborough County Dental Associations
- FDSA–Florida Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- FSOMS-Florida Society of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
- West Coast District Dental Association
- The American Dental Association